Getting Started with Brightcove Video Connect for Adobe Experience Manager
|Plug-in Version||Documentation||Download||Compatibility Notes|
|5.5.3||Same as 5.5.2||Plugin with Source||
|5.5.2||Plugin with Source||
|5.5.1||Plug-in with Source||
|4.2.0 (EOL)||Click Here||EOL||
|4.1.2 (EOL)||Click Here||EOL||
AEM Mandatory Upgrade Explanation
The Brightcove Connector for AEM, v4.2 and previous versions, ceased to function at the end of 2017 because we retired the underlying API’s and Flash Player used by the Connector. We updated the Brightcove Connector in the v5.0 release to use our current APIs and HTML5 player. The 5.0 Brightcove Connector supports AEM versions 6.2, 6.3 and 6.4 in both Classic UI and Touch UI modes and now synchronizes video assets between Brightcove and the AEM Digital Asset Manager (DAM).
If you are currently using an AEM/CQ release prior to AEM 6.0 and are also using the Brightcove Connector, you will need to upgrade to a newer version of AEM and the Connector per the discussion below.
If you are currently using AEM 6.0/6.1 with the v4.1 Connector or if you are currently using AEM 6.2 with the v4.2 Connector you may to continue using your existing Connector version under the following three conditions:
1. You do not require Touch UI support
2. You only use the Connector to embed video and you are managing your video content directly in Brightcove Studio and are not using the Video Manager (/brightcove/admin) in the Brightcove Connector.
3. You are not moving to AEM 6.3 or AEM 6.4
You will need to upgrade to AEM 6.2 or AEM 6.3 or AEM 6.4 and you will need to use the new v5.0 Connector under any of the following three conditions:
1. You require Touch UI support
2. You use the Connector to upload videos and/or edit metadata
3. You need to keep a copy of your master video in the AEM DAM