Cisco Webex is a video conferencing application that allows you to meet with other people online. To reach a larger audience, you can leverage Brightcove Live to stream your meeting for others to see.
Follow these steps to host a meeting to Brightcove Live:
- Log into your Cisco Webex platform as site admin.
Using either the Site Administration or Control Hub, enable live stream access to Other streaming services.
Using either the Site Administration or Control Hub, enable live streaming for individual users.
Navigate to Users and select a user account to update. Click Advanced User Settings and Tracking Codes section for the user, and check the Enable Live Streaming box.
- Log into Brightcove's Video Cloud Studio.
Navigate to the Live module and create a Brightcove Live Event. For details, see the Creating and Managing Live Events using the Live Module document.
When you create this event, you will be provided the following information:
- Endpoint (RTMP URL) - Streaming URL
- Stream Name - Streaming key, where the value is always alive
- Publish and embed the player for this live event into your website or intranet page. Copy the page URL to your clipboard.
Return to the Cisco Webex application. Start or schedule your Webex meeting. To do this, select the vertical 3-dot icon and select Start Live Streaming.
In the Other streaming service information dialog, enter the following:
Streaming service: Use
- Target stream link: Use the Endpoint (RTMP URL) value from Brightcove Live.
Target stream key: Use
alive(It is always this value)
- Streaming service: Use
That's it. You're live!